The President's Own



With Jason being a percussionist, we often look for any opportunity to go to concerts. Preferably free ones {insert winky face}. Surprisingly, there are plenty! We love it. It always turns into a great date night. This time, the US Marine Band was in town, so of course we were going to attend. And boy, they did not disappoint. Their title is The President's Own, and they have some incredible musicians in that band, most of them holding high degrees in music from prestigious universities. It's pretty intense. All of the music was amazing, but I have to say that my favorite part was at the very end. They played the song of each branch of the military and asked members of the audience to stand if they had served, or had a family member serve, in one of those branches. It was SO cool to see the amount of people who had served our country and fought for our freedom. I actually got a little emotional about it, which is the last thing I expected. I am so grateful for all of those who give their time and their lives for our freedom. I love living in the USA! 


Comments

Popular Posts