Year one in a nutshell

So I've succumbed... Some friends have recently convinced me that having a blog is a great way to scrapbook, journal, compile all of your memories and events in one place. And I think it's a grand idea. Not to mention I LOVE reading other peoples' blogs, so I might as well create one to document our lives as well. So more for my own benefit than anyone else's, but nonetheless, enjoy :)

Our first year of marriage has FLOWN by! Some people say the first year is the hardest. If that is true, than this marriage thing is going to be a breeze! No, for real though. We have thoroughly enjoyed our first year and grown to love each other each more every day. Here are a few highlights...


First off, the best day of ALL, we got married!


And Ian (nephew) got cake smashed in his face... 

And for Christmas and New Years, we went to Italy! Second best part of the year. 

Milan

One of Jason's companions from his mission...Victor!





This is a family that Jason met on his mission as well. They were the SWEETEST people I've ever met!

So overall, not a terrible way to spend your first Christmas as husband and wife! But honestly, it was the trip of a lifetime. I still can't believe I was there. It still feels like a dream. Also, since Jason served his mission in Italy, we were able to visit a few people he met while he was there. They were all such wonderful, welcoming and loving people. And...the food was amazing...

True, Italian pizza at its finest. Sooooo tasty!

Immediately after returning from our fabulous Italian vacay, we up and moved to Provo so that Jason could attend BYU! So that was a tiresome first week, to say the least. So far we've been enjoying our time here. There are some great people and there's sure a lot to do! We're definitely not in Sonora anymore! But I think we're getting the hang of this Utah life. 
Jason's first day of school! Ignore the dead plants...it was freezing here.
A little visit with Mark and Noah in St. George.
Some first anniversary celebration in Salt Lake City.
A BYU rugby game!

General Conference with the Smiths and the Bagleys!











Comments

  1. I'm honored that I made it in one of the pics on your first post. Love the blog so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts