Quinoa for Dinner

I made this meal from The Power of Family Meals tonight and it. was. delicious! I don't use quinoa very often, but I absolutely will from now on! It was so tasty, and surprisingly filling. I switched her recipe up a little and it still tasted amazing. And Jason even loved it! Double bonus. Will definitely be making it again!

You can find the original recipe here.

But I switched up just a few things.

  • First of all, instead of using plain quinoa, I vouched for garlic-flavored (so simple and already delicious). Therefore, I didn't add the garlic which the recipe calls for.

  • I used chopped tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes.

  • Lemon juice instead of lime.

  • No cumin. (I figured the Garlic Quinoa was enough flavor.)

  • I didn't use the olive oil, I wasn't exactly sure when that came in anyway.

  • No jalapenos.

  • I also didn't rinse the quinoa, or let it cool for that matter. I just served it warm over some iceberg lettuce to add to the salad effect and beef it up a little.
Here is what I came up with! Not too shabby :)






Comments

Popular Posts