25 and Counting

So yesterday was my 25th birthday...yep, I've now got 25 whopping years under my belt.... My dad keeps teasing me that now I'm "almost 30." My counter argument is that I am JUST as close to 20 as I am to 30.
But I don't mind getting older. I've heard the more birthdays you have, the longer you live ;)
But seriously, some people don't like their birthday (or say they don't). I happen to love them! Mine, yours, anyone's birthday! Even the Facebook friends that are reminded it's your birthday make you feel so liked ;) I just love a great reason to celebrate, especially celebrating someone you love and making them feel super duper special on their special day. And boy, did I feel the love!
Well, I had to work...but working on your birthday isn't all bad when you're a nanny. Last year, I was a nanny for a different family, and when I walked into the house on my birthday, they had made me cupcakes! And even had gifts for me. It didn't feel like work at all! Although with them, it never did :)
This year, living in Utah, I am a nanny for a new family of LOTS of boys! So, being boys, they weren't as gifty and lovey, but they were extra nice and sure to tell me happy birthday all day. And sitting in the grass and enjoying the sunshine with this cutie wasn't bad at all!
After work I came home to this note on the door.
The sweet husband that he is, worked away in the kitchen making me a dinner I LOVE - Pasta Carbonara. He also made a birthday cake - dark chocolate with (homemade) raspberry filling.....my favorite combo ever!!! We also have these beautiful roses growing in our front yard, and the day before I had said "All I want for my birthday is a rose or 2 in our 'vase' (errr water bottle) from Italy." And there they are!
My Mom sent me this very thoughtful package of gifts. Probably feeling sad that this might be the first year she didn't make my cake, lol. Love her!
After dinner, we had a few friends over (the Palmers and the Ninows, both great neighbors and great friends!) to enjoy cake and root beer floats. And Cebre even came and showed her beautiful face! Being 9 months and 5 days pregnant, she is such a trooper and so happy....but also so ready to meet that baby girl of hers!
I meant to get pictures of everyone who came, and I totally forgot...I was so bummed! I guess I was having too much fun to think about the camera. It was so nice to spend time with everyone. I felt so loved. I'm grateful for my sweet husband for putting together such a fun evening for me! He's so good to me :)

Comments

Popular Posts