Light, Love, and . . . More Light!

I love, Love, LOVE everything about the Christmas season. It is just so magical. I love the cold weather perfect for cozying up with a loved one, the delicious smells and yummy goodies, the movies and the music, the kindness that seems to be flowing through everyone's veins, the trees and decorations, the extra laughter and time with family....and the lights. I. Love. Christmas lights. There is {almost} nothing that I love more than driving through streets at night and seeing the Christmas tree lit up in the windows of most homes. There is something about that sight that makes my heart swell and fills me with warmth. 
One thing that I am appreciating more about the lights in more recent years is what they represent - The Savior. He is the reason for the season. We are celebrating His birth and life and honoring and remembering Him as we put up trees, lights, and festive decorations and as we sing glory to His name. This time of year has even more meaning to me in the last few years. Four years ago TODAY {12/11/10} I was baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a special day that was! I am so grateful to be blessed with the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and for the peace, love, and reassurance that the Savior provides for me. This video that the church released is so wonderful and captures what Christmas is really all about. A perfect reminder for when we get too "wrapped up" in everything else. I promise it will make you feel all warm inside :)

On Sunday, we were lucky enough to be able to attend the LDS First Presidency's Christmas Devotional at the conference center in Salt Lake. It was such a sweet experience. I am grateful to live here in Utah at this time in our lives and be blessed with so many of these wonderful opportunities. We went with the Ninows {all thanks to them for the tickets!}. The Christmas lights at Temple Square are breathtaking! So beautiful! So of course we took some Christmas pictures. 










Comments

Popular Posts