Getting to Know My Kitchen

This is the first time in my life I've ever committed to a strict eating program.
I have to say....it's hard!
 
Okay, actually I expected it to be a WHOLE lot worse {see what I did there?}. I thought I would cave and eat all the M&M's out of the candy dispenser my sister-in-law got us for Christmas. But I haven't even had the desire!
 
It's day 10 and we're doing pretty well. The hardest part is so much meal prep and not getting bored with food {I've never, ever eaten so many eggs}.
And being in the kitchen so much.
We are getting to know each other reeeaal well.
 
I actually really enjoy cooking. I find it fun and I love learning new recipes and trying new foods. But I do think it would be a lot MORE fun if I had . . .
 
A) All the time in the world
 
B) All the ingredients I need right in my
kitchen
 
C) All the money I needed to go buy all
the ingredients to put in my kitchen
 
So those are my biggest issues with this Whole30 deal. Other than that, I love it.
I love feeling like I have so much control over what goes into my body. I love that I'm starting to feel energized instead of sluggish. I love that I have ZERO food regrets. I love that I am starting to enjoy healthier snacks instead of sugary, fatty, salty ones.
I guess what I'm saying here is the pros outweigh the cons, and I'm very excited to see how great I feel after 30 days, when I already feel so great at 10.
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts