My Little Home Office

I haven't updated my blog in some time. I was trying to stay on top of it, I was. But to be honest, I got a new job as a financial transcriber....AKA, I'm on the computer typing all day long {literally}, and the last thing I want to do is spend my evenings on the computer too. I've basically been closing my lap top at the end of my shift and not opening it again until I absolutely have to the next day.




I do like my job. I'm not complaining, really. {It's just a little hard on the eyes.} I work from home, so that's awesome. People always say, "Oh you get to stay in your jammies all day!" And usually I'm like "Oh yeah baby!" But to be honest, I don't like staying in my jammies all day. I feel like I can't be productive throughout my day if I don't get ready for my day. And I like to try to look at least semi presentable so my husband will enjoy coming home to me, lol. Like I said though, I enjoy being at home and having the freedom to work from my couch. The reports that I transcribe are usually pretty interesting, and also sometimes humorous, which is nice! Not to mention I get this odd satisfaction from correcting grammar and spelling. I do have to say though, it's not my dream job. Not that I expected it to be, it's just something to pay the bills while Jason gets through school. {He's working and chipping in too. It's a joint effort.} It's paying the bills, but I don't want to type my life away forever.

Which leads into my next topic. Living in Provo, Jason and I have been introduced to so many amazing opportunities. There is always some event to go to or show or conference, and always something to encourage learning and growth. That's one of the things I love about living here. Last week, Jason's cousin Kristin invited us to a symposium by Strongbrook, a business created by Kris Krohn.  The presentation was pretty life changing considering it was only a couple of hours of my time. I won't go into too much detail, but we broke down some internal walls and learned about relationships in our lives and how to create lasting and meaningful ones. Powerful stuff. Kris Krohn has a mentoring program in which the goal is to help people achieve their True Self, and in return, they will benefit in all areas of their life. I wish I could explain it as well as he does.

Have you ever considered, really considered, where you are in life right now? Are you really  living your dream? Because you can. And I can. We all can! Because we can become conscious creators. We can literally create the life we want to be living. Our ideal life! It may sound crazy, but it's totally possible. I'm not going to be a transcriptionist for my whole life ;)

This is one of many new and exciting adventures that Jason and I are embarking on recently. Feel free to ask me if you would like to be a part of it as well :)

Comments

Popular Posts