Whole30

Through word of mouth, I learned about a program called Whole30. It's not a "diet," it's more of a way of life. For 30 days you cut out foods that could be affecting you negatively, then after the 30 days, you slowly reintroduce them and evaluate how they make you feel. I was very intrigued, so I started researching it more and more. I love the idea of changing your lifestyle rather than just "dieting" to lose weight. This is a way to help you build healthy habits and keep them throughout your life.
So I decided to commit! Today is only Day 3, so I'm not too far in yet, but so far I feel good! It's a great feeling knowing that I am only putting foods into my body that are making me healthier. Jason is doing it with me as well. He's not as thrilled as I am, but he is a trooper! Today he texted me from school and said "They're handing out free s'mores....FREE! I think I'll just eat my spinach and sausage instead." That made me laugh out loud. I appreciate him participating with me because it makes it a whole lot more doable for me.
I am excited to see how my body changes, my energy levels, my mood, everything. I am documenting here for my own benefit, and for some accountability.
But if you want to join me in this journey, please do!
 


Comments

Popular Posts