Wanderlust. . .

As I've said in a previous post, I'm a transcriptionist. I spend my work days typing financial reports.  It's extremely glamorous.

It can get a teeeeensy bit repetitive, and so I give myself incentives to stay motivated. "If I can finish 5 . . .10. . . 15 reports in a row, I get to check my Instagram. Or go on FB for 5 minutes. Or stand up and get my blood circulating again." Things like that. But by far my favorite thing to do on my few little breaks is browse Pinterest.  My current obsession is looking at foreign, exotic, beautiful places and longing to be there. {With my very handsome hubby, of course.} I often change my computer background to match my current wanderlust mood.
Sometimes while I'm working, I'll put a movie on just for some noise in the background. Something else to do on my breaks. Recently I had on The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. {I'm still a teenage girl at heart.} Therefore, my latest imaginary vacation is to. . .
 
Greece, Obviously.

The first place I'd go is to Athens. You can't take a trip to Greece and not go to Athens, one of the oldest cities in the WORLD! I love ruins. When we went to Italy one of my favorite things was the Roman Forum. Just being there and seeing those ruins and just IMAGINING the kinds of things that happened there. The history! It's incredible how much we know about things that old, yet even more incredible how little we do. It's a little mind blowing that some of the architecture that was around thousands of years ago can still be standing today. Partially, anyway. So the Parthenon in Athens is definitely a must-see. As well as all of the other incredibly beautiful ruins in that ancient city.
After getting my history lessons in Athens, I would venture to the Agean sea {because it sounds like my name, obviously}.
The southern part of the Cyclades, the island of Santorini, or Thira, {I just googled that}, to be specific. I'm going to be honest and say that I really know almost nothing about the islands of Greece.  But what I do love is learning about new places. It's one of my favorite things, right below actually experiencing new places. The world and it's beauty inspires me.
And Santorini just looks like Paradise, am I right?!
 
It's picture perfect with it's crisp white buildings and eye-catching blue rooftops, the cliffs and the way they meet the inviting sea. I'd be okay spending a little time there.
 
And strolling these adorable little cobblestoned streets, hand in hand with my sweet husband. . .
 
Santorini's colorful architecture and breathtaking scenery is exactly what I picture when I think of Greece. We're putting this on the Bucket List for sure.
 
Oia
 
 

Comments

  1. That was a fun tour through Greece Age! And all I had to do was read your beautifully, written blog. Lovin these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts