Two Years of Marriage

I can't believe we've been married two years!  Time has truly flown by. It's been wonderful. I am so grateful to have such a loving husband who cares so much for my well-being and happiness, who let's me be myself and loves me for who I am, who I can laugh with SO much, and who is always looking for ways to work on our marriage and strengthen our love {see this sweet blog post that he wrote for our anniversary}. 

One thing that I've learned in being married to my sweet man is that if I want something, I have to be specific. So I planned our anniversary date because I knew exactly what I wanted to do and didn't think it necessary to hint at him until he figured it out ;)

First, I wanted to go to get donuts. There's a donut truck on 9th that I have been eying and I couldn't wait to try it. Well, unfortunately we got there and it was closed. So that was a little bit of a disappointment, but we had more plans for the day. I'll go back another time. Next our plan was to go to have a picnic in the canyon. Sometimes I have this problem where I picture something in my head and it's a whole lot more glamorous and wonderful in there than it actually turns out.  This was not one of those things. 

It was the perfect day! The temperature was perfect, the food was perfect, the setting was perfect. All of it. 

I love going to Provo Canyon. It's probably my favorite thing about living here. Provo can get so crazy busy and with just all the stresses of life, it is the BEST to be able to run away from it all into the canyon with all of its natural beauty.  

We enjoyed a lovely brunch and finished it off with some chocolate covered strawberries {those were supposed to be a surprise, but Jason always guesses my surprises...}. We had a real picnic basket and everything. The park we went to was almost deserted and I loved it. We played frisbee and then just soaked up the sunshine.  I could have stayed there all day with my love! It was so perfect. Although I love any day spent with him, so maybe that was all that made it great ;) 









Comments

Popular Posts