Because He Lives

This year, Easter weekend fell on the same weekend as General Conference. It was a great way to really recognize what Easter is all about and that we are celebrating the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Celebrating that He lives and that #BecauseHeLives, death has no sting, and the grave has no victory. I am so grateful for that knowledge and the testimony that I have of Him and his infinite love and forgiveness that He has for me! The gospel is  glorious. This weekend was a wonderful opportunity to reflect on all of these things and the significance of Easter. 

This video produced by the church is so wonderful and really shows the true spirit of and reason for Easter. 

http://www.mormon.org/easter


We watched a little of conference at home, a little with our ward, a little with friends. It was a great weekend.  

We spent Easter Sunday watching conference, then we had dinner with the Palmers, as well as Bryce's two sisters and their families. I made a ham! It was a huge, delicious dinner that everyone contributed to. And such great company! They make being away from family during holidays so much more bearable. 

My good friend Julie came down from Idaho for the weekend and, as usual, it was so much fun to visit with her. There's no one I'd rather have crashing on my couch ;) She brings such a sweet spirit into our home.
She brings her ukulele everywhere. It's her baby. Not to mention she's so talented! She played a few of her original songs with us and it was so fun. I loved catching a cute little uke player singing her heart out on my doorstep! We just love Julie. 


Comments

Popular Posts